Seminar in Brussels - Go online and see it live
The first training seminar of the "Online training tool for European Judges on private enforcement of EU competition law”* project will take place in Brussels, November 19-20, 2015.
The seminar is part of a series of two events that will form the basis of an online video training module in the field of private enforcement of competition law. The sessions will be filmed and the recordings will be later incorporated in the module.
The seminar is dedicated to EU judges and prosecutors, as well as to apprentice national judges, and the staff of the judges’ offices or of national courts. Participants must be from EU Member States, with the exception of Denmark and the United Kingdom.
The seminar taking place in Brussels will be focused on the following issues:
- Setting the scene – the principal EU level documents and the principles underlying the Directive: full compensation; effectiveness and equivalence; sincere co-operation
- The claim: about what; who claims; against whom; where and when?
- Managing a claim in court: what needs to be managed; Interactions with other bodies – the Commission, NCAs and other courts; jurisdiction and staying proceedings
Who will be there? How can I register?
The speakers are reputed legal experts:
- Adam SCOTT, founding member of the Competition Commission Appeal Tribunals, Director of Studies
- Liam McKECHNIE, a Justice of the Supreme Court of Ireland
- Diana UNGUREANU, trainer for judges on commercial law and competition law, National Institute of Magistracy, judge at Court of Appeal Pitești, Romania.
Participants can register until the 17th of November 2015. Accommodation and meals are covered for all participants. Travel costs can be reimbursed in the limit of 350 Euro per participant.
Online live feed
The seminar will have a live feed on the project`s website.
Interested judicial actors can watch it live and can pose questions online. The latter will be addressed in the interactive sessions of the seminar.
For registration please contact Ramona Diaconu, Events and Logistics Coordinator, at email@example.com.
For more details, please consult the draft agenda.
* The initiative is funded by the European Commission, DG Competition, through the Civil Justice Programme.